Monday, August 12, 2013

54 ft Mural? "My Hearts In a Whirl..."

"...I love, I love, I love, I love my little Calendar Girl!"
So this summer was one very busy season.  Working part time and still doing artwork on the side, I have never felt a summer to be as crazy as college was.  However, I won't complain.  Its been a magical summer with opportunities blossoming at a constant... Definitely a switch from how it started.

I apologize for not updating in so long.  Honestly, a lot of the work was just not ready for viewing, but I think I can start filling y'all in now. :)

About three weeks ago, a friend of mine filled me in on a commission that entailed painting a 54 ft long by 12 ft high mural for a synchronized swimming show.  The theme: Calendar Girls.  I thought, "Wow, that sounds exciting and completely insane.   Of course I'll do it!"  Next thing I knew I drawing sketches  whilst my boyfriend played hours of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. 

Then after lots of primer, I was sketching these lovely swim girls on the boards, built to be placed together in a line for the show.   I had a lot of help with painting the big areas-  My was I thankful! 

 




 One week later, I was on my hands and knees painting.  Did I mention I was also knee deep in paint?  How messy! But all in all, it was completed in time for the show.



By Day and By Night.


My personal favorite!

Looking forward to the next big project, but I'll keep that under wraps for now.  
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment